The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has open registration for private candidates for the year. Novdec for the 2020 academic year is scheduled as follows. Information captured on this article are; Biometric Registration, Eligibility, Dates for the Examination , Entry Period and Submission of Entry Documents, Index Numbers, Candidates Name, Date of Birth, E-mail Addresses and Telephone Numbers, Examination Centres, Examination Subjects, Registration Fees, List of Participating Banks. Below are all the information needed for Novdec 2020 Registration and Fees.
Novdec 2020 Registration Fees
The subject fees are as follows:
- 6 or more subjects … … GH¢412.47
- 5 subjects … … … GH¢394.67
- 4 subjects … … … GH¢375.67
- 3 subjects … … … GH¢354.30
- 2 subjects … … … GH¢341.24
- 1 subject … … … GH¢328.18
Fees for Oral/Practical/Project Work
Candidates who offer subjects with oral/practical/project work component will pay additional fees as follows:
- GH¢50.00 per subject for Practical
- GH¢50.00 per subject for Project Work
- GH¢36.00 per subject for Oral (English and French)
Correction of Entries
After submission of entries, candidates who wish to make any change(s) during the registration period will pay the following charges:
- GH¢50.00 plus Practical/Project Work/Oral fee where applicable
- GH₵100.00 for correction of centre name, date of birth, address, picture or substitution of subject.
- For addition of subject(s), the fees are as stated in 16(1) and 16(2) above.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING BANKS for NOVDEC 2020 Registration and Fees
Candidates may pay their e-registration fees at any branch of the following banks:
(1) Prudential Bank (GH) Limited
(2) Zenith Bank (GH) Limited
(3) Bank of Africa (GH) Limited
(4) United Bank of Africa (UBA)
(5) Ecobank (GH) Limited
(6) Access Bank
(7) FBN Bank (GH) Limited
(8) Consolidated Bank (GH) Limited
(9) Agriculture Development Bank (ADB) (only in the following regions): Eastern, Oti, Volta, Northern, North EAast, Savannah, Upper East, Upper West, Bono, Bono East and Ahafo.
The registration shall become valid only after the requisite fee has been paid and the appropriate receipt obtained by the candidate at the bank.
Prospective candidates are to follow the steps below to register:
- Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at designated internet cafés to commence registration. The list of designated internet cafés can be obtained on the WAEC website, www.waecgh.org.
- Open the registration website: www.waecgh.org
- Select link to WASSCE for Private Candidates
- Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
- Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Upload your picture ( Dimensions: 160 pixels (width) by 200 pixels (height); Photo background should be plain white or off-white; Candidate’s images should be captured without spectacles or sunglasses; Both ears of candidates must appear; All features of the face – forehead, eyes, nose, mouth and chin must appear in the image;Image should be centred;Candidates must look straight into the camera)
- Upload your signature.
- Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
- Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
- Print your voucher and send to any of the banks listed in above.
- Pay the appropriate fees at the bank or by visa card ONLINE.
- You will use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from 5th August, 2020.
Note: Your Registration is not valid until you pay the requisite fee.
ELIGIBILITY: This examination is open to private candidates.
Dates for the Examination
The examination is scheduled to start on Monday, 27th July, 2020 and end on Wednesday, 30th September, 2020. The Timetable can be accessed by clicking on the Timetable icon on the registration website. Candidates are advised to study the Timetable carefully in order to avoid a clash of subjects.
NOTE: English Language 3 (Oral) is scheduled for Friday, 4th September, 2020 at 8.30a.m.
Entry Period and Submission of Entry Documents
The schedule for the receipt of entries is as follows:
- 3rd February – 31st March, 2020 (16.00 GMT) Registration and payment
- 1st – 15th April, 2020: Payment for normal registration only
- 16th April – 31st May, 2020, Penalty Period Registration
You may contact any of the Council’s Offices listed below for further information:
- Greater Accra Region: Private Candidates’ Examination Administration Department (PCEAD)(Examination Loop, near Ridge Hospital) Tel: 0302-208172.
- Ashanti Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Kumasi (Near KTI, Amakom) Tel: 0322034452/0322034449.
- Western/Western North: The WAEC Branch Office, Sekondi (Adjacent to the Sekondi Anglican Cathedral) Tel: 03120-46334.
- Central Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Cape Coast (Near Mempeasem)Tel: 03122-96508.
- Volta/Oti Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Ho (Opposite Roads and Highways Office) 03620-28254.
- Eastern Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Koforidua (Old Estate, Nsukwao) Tel: 03420-20922/23.
- Bono/Bono East/ Ahafo: The WAEC Branch Office, Sunyani (Behind Ghana Legion & Municipal Assembly Offices) Tel: 03520-24462.
- Northern/North East/ Savannah: The WAEC Branch Office, Tamale (Adjacent to GNAT Hostel) Tel: 03720-22854/23092.
- Upper East Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Bolgatanga (SOE Residential Area, near Catering Rest House) 03820-23232/24267.
- Upper West Region: The WAEC Branch Office, Wa (behind Dept of Feeder Roads, Chako) 03920-22278/20588.
Your Index Number will be generated by the Office; you may access on- line from 16th July, 2020 using your Invoice Number.
Candidates should ensure that their names are properly entered.
- SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME and then OTHER NAME (if any).
- Full name should not exceed forty (40) characters.
- Candidates with hyphenated names should ensure that the hyphen is properly indicated.
NB: Candidate’s surname and first name should be written in full.
DATE OF BIRTH
Candidates should ensure that their correct date of birth is entered. Requests for correction in dates of birth after release of results WILL not be entertained.
E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Candidates should ensure that they provide accurate and active e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. The Council will correspond with candidates via the e-mail or telephone numbers provided.
- Accra Central
- Akim Oda
- Akropong Akuapem
- Cape Coast
- Agona Swedru
- Sefwi Wiawso
- Old Tafo
- Dunkwa-On- Offin
BONO/BONO EAST/ AHAFO
NB: The Council reserves the right to re-direct candidates to other centres if there are not enough entries for any particular centre or if there are more candidates at a centre than can be accommodated there.
You are required to select the subjects you wish to register for. Please note that you are allowed a maximum of four core subjects and four elective subjects.
- Social Studies
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- General Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry
- Crop Husbandry and
- Business Management
- Clerical Office Duties
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Cost Accounting
- Typewriting (40wpm)
- Applied Electricity
- Auto Mechanics
- Building Construction
- Technical Drawing
- Information & Comm. Tech. (ICT)
- Clothing & Textiles
- Foods & Nutrition
- General Knowledge-In-Art
- Graphic Design
- Picture Making
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
- Islamic Studies
- Twi (Akuapem)
- Twi (Asante)
- Mathematics (Elective)
- West African Traditional Religion